Sunday, June 9, 2013

Guantanamo Solidarity Fast

My Statement for press release      May 28, 2013


My name is Norman Lowry.  As one who is "Crazy in Love" with our Creator and with all of humanity, volitionally, I am a "Prisoner of Conscience" (now, for 45 of the last 49 months) within the Pennsylvania State Prison system.  In my "amped-up" protestations, I have said my solitary and unstained "No!" to our society's extreme love of violence, racism, bigotry and poverty-production, by vandalizing/destroying U. S. Military property (2009), by trespassing on property leased by U. S. Military recruiters (2010) and by trespassing/impeding traffic into offices leased by U. S. Military recruiters (2011).

After my 2009 action, in an interview with the local head of detectives and with the agent in charge of the local FBI office, I was asked what I thought should be done with me.  My reply--" Send me to Guantanamo!)  Grantanamo is but one of several hundred "U.S. Military-Industrial Complex" torture prisons worldwide (read the public record).  Guantanamo typifies all that U.S. incarceration facilities are: "Houses of the Dead" (Dostoevsky); sewers, privately constructed hells for these we will not love.

It is my honor to stand in continued solidarity with the precious ones at Guantanamo (I read every available file on every  prisoner held there from the mid-1990's-2008), as representative of  all prisoners "held in slavery" in all U.S. jails and prisons (both on U.S. and foreign soil; (as well as the untold millions persecuted and genocided each year by the illicit fiscal, military and political policies of the United States of America.  If you are a religious person, who worships a violent, warming, war-cosigning god, I stand in direct opposition to your god and his/her policies, also.

Fasting to me is repentance; mercy as a sacrifice of love, especially on behalf of those whom most will not love.  This is my entire life today (you may read my related choices by inserting "Norm Lowry" into your favorite internet search engine).  Yet I have also escalated my food fast by decreasing my food intake by one-third.  This will remain in effect until our Creator asks me to again make a change.  I choose to make no related demands and rely only on our Creator's merciful love.  

Blessings….
(Signed)  Norm Lowry

Norman Lowry KN 9758
SCI Dallas
1000 Follies Rd
Dallas PA 18612

No comments:

Post a Comment